These instructions apply once you have installed the software and followed the procedure specified in paragraph "Running PREDATOR for the first time"
To start monitoring your PC
- Insert your key
- Run the software via the Start Menu / Programs / Predator item or via the PREDATOR icon on the Desktop
- Make sure that the PREDATOR icon flashes in the taskbar
When you go away
- Look at the PREDATOR icon in the taskbar: if it is red, wait. If it is green and blinking, remove the key.
- The desktop will be locked in a few moments, depending on the settings you have chosen.
- If somebody tries to use your PC, PREDATOR shows the password dialog and starts a countdown.
If an invalid password is entered, PREDATOR sounds an audible alarm and displays a blinking Access Denied sign.
When you're back
- Insert the key. The desktop will be unlocked in less than a second. If PREDATOR does not recognize your key follow this procedure.
- If somebody has tried to use your PC, PREDATOR automatically opens the Log window and shows the failed access attempts
To stop monitoring your PC, temporarily or permanently
- Click on "Pause monitoring" or "Exit" from the context menu
To see if somebody tried to use your PC during your absence
- Click on "View log" in the context menu
- Read the FAQ.
Follow us on Facebook to be notified when a new release is available:
or Follow us on Twitter to be notified when a new release is available.