When passkeys are enabled on a computer, any unregistered USB flash drive which has been initialized with the Key Manager will be automatically registered as a new PREDATOR key.
The PREDATOR Key Manager is located in Start Menu / All Programs / Predator / Predator Key Manager.
- You must quit PREDATOR before running this program.
Administrator privileges are required, so Windows opens the User Access Control dialog if this feature is enabled on your computer:
Click the Yes button to obtain the administrative rights.
Then the PREDATOR Key Manager window is loaded:
To initialize a batch of passkeys
- Choose a password and enter it in the "Passkey ID" field, it will copied to all your passkeys.
- Insert a blank USB flash drive
- Verify that this flash drive is selected in the "Select drive" dropdown list
- Optionally, enter a descriptive name in the "Drive name" field, for instance the name of the owner of this key. It will be displayed in the list of keys of the Preferences window of the computer(s) where this key is registered.
- Click the "Update" button
- Remove the USB flash drive
- Insert next flash drive and repeat until they are all initialized.
- Finally, open the Administration tool on the computer where the key will be used, and enter the "Passkey ID" in the corresponding field.
To use the passkeys
- Distribute them to your users. They will use them to unlock the computer(s) they are working with.
As soon as they insert their passkey, it will be automatically registered and their session will unlock.
- Once a passkey has been automatically registered in a computer, it becomes a regular key for this machine.
However, you can still use it to automatically register in another computer, as long as the passkey's ID matches the other computer's ID.
Check this option to display the Passkey ID text, which is hidden by default.
Choose a password and enter it in this field, it will copied to your passkey.
It must match the password that has been entered in the "Passkey ID" of the Administration tool of the computer where the key will be used.
Enter an expiration date in this field. After this date, your passkeys will no longer register automatically.
If you don't see your flash drive in the "Select Drive" dropdown list then check the "List Fixed" checkbox. As a matter of fact, some USB flash drives (mainly from SanDisk) are identified as fixed drives by Windows.
Select the drive letter corresponding to your flash drive from this dropdown list.
Enter a descriptive name in this field, for instance the name of the owner of this key. It will be displayed in the list of keys of the Preferences window of the computer(s) where this key is registered.
Click this button to write the passkey information on the USB flash drive. Then you can remove it from the USB port.
This list shows all the passkeys which have been created during this session.
Click this button to clear the Log.