When you enter your password, make sure that you can see a star for each character you type, because some hardware configurations have been reported to ignore the first keystroke. Just retype it in this case.
If PREDATOR still refuses your password, follow these instructions:
- Restart Windows in Safe Mode with Networking (Windows XP: press F8 during boot, newer Windows: google "Windows Safe Mode" to find out)
- If you have enabled Safe Mode Protection then login with the secondary administrator account, otherwise PREDATOR will display the Safe Mode Protection shield and you'll be asked to enter the forgotten password.
- When started in Safe Mode, Windows won't run PREDATOR automatically
- Start the PREDATOR Administration program and click the "Reset Password" button, then quit this program
- Restart Windows normally: PREDATOR will not be launched automatically
- Run PREDATOR and follow the steps described in "Running PREDATOR for the first time"
- This will be recorded in the log.
Return to FAQ's main index