If you have installed the Professional Edition, you can prevent a user from closing PREDATOR by changing some settings.
1) Login as this user
2) Verify that you still remember the PREDATOR password:
- Remove the usb key
- Wait for the screen to turn black
- Press the Enter key a few times to get the Password dialog
- Enter your password: If PREDATOR unlocks the desktop then the password is ok, else follow this procedure to reset it.
3) After you have verified the password, open the Preferences, click Advanced options and:
- Check "Protect Preferences"
- Uncheck "Enable Pause"
- Uncheck "Enable Exit"
Ordinary users are not supposed to know this password. If it has been compromised, change it with this procedure.
4) Restart PREDATOR
- If you have reset the password at 2) you will be prompted to enter a new password.
- Verify that the "Pause monitoring" and "Exit" menu items are disabled.
5) If you have enabled PREDATOR for several Windows user accounts, repeat this procedure for each of them.
Return to FAQ's main index